Micro frontend is an architecture similar to microservices. It is an architectural style composed of multiple front-end applications delivered independently. It decomposes the front-end application into some smaller and simpler applications that can be independently developed, tested and deployed., while still a cohesive single product in the eyes of users.
It mainly solves two problems:
- As the iterative application of the project becomes larger and more difficult to maintain.
- Collaborative development of projects across teams or departments leads to inefficiencies.
In the micro frontend, applications are divided into main application, and sub-applications.
- Main application: The base project of the micro frontend project, all sub-applications will be loaded by it.
- Sub-application: An application developed and deployed independently will eventually be loaded by the main application.
- Base on Garfish
- Generator supports
- Support React component-based reference micro-front-end sub-application
- Support loading
- Support main application online and sub-application offline debugging mode
You can learn how to develop a micro frontend master app in the section Experience micro frontend.