Micro-frontend (MFE) is an architecture style similar to microservices. It is a composition of multiple independently delivered frontend applications, forming a cohesive whole. MFE decomposes frontend applications into smaller, simpler applications that can be developed, tested, and deployed independently while still appearing as a cohesive single product to users.
It primarily addresses two problems:
- Difficulty in maintaining large and complex applications as they evolve over time.
- Inefficiency caused by cross-team or cross-department collaboration in project development.
In the micro frontend, applications are divided into main application, and sub-applications.
- Main application: The base project of the micro frontend project, all sub-applications will be loaded by it.
- Sub-application: An application developed and deployed independently will eventually be loaded by the main application.
- Base on Garfish
- Generator supports
- Support React component-based reference micro-front-end sub-application
- Support loading
- Support main application online and sub-application offline debugging mode
You can learn how to develop a micro frontend master app in the section Experience micro frontend.